Street Handball Rules
(Click the flag to see the rules in your language.)
(If someone can help to translate the rules into Arabic, or other languages there is missing, I will be pleased to hear from you.)
How to play Street Handball.
The game everybody can play (children/youth/seniors) and should play under fair-play rules.
- Play fair with no physical contact. (No tackles, only blocking shots, ball can only be grasped from opponent when it is “free” (in the air or on the ground)
- Max. 3 steps with the ball in hand./No dribbling.
- 3 players + 1 goalkeeper (e.g. 1vs1, 2vs2, etc. depending on size of playing field: Up to a maximum of 7vs7)
- Each judgement is made through dialogue between players (with or without a referee involved)
- Play towards 2 goals with a semi-circular or straight lines goal area of 4 or 6 meters in front of each goal (depending on players’ age (children or adults). Court size is up to you to decide (e.g. 10×15). It will depend on the street/market place/city square/ schoolyard/car park/closed street project or street pitch available or your outdoor/indoor handball court.
- Street Handball can be played everywhere.
- Scoring system (Or play without calculating; the point of the game is to have fun).1 point = standard goals.2 points = ball played around your back and between the legs, 6m penalty shot, scoreby goalkeeper, goal is scored with a spectacular action e.g. in-flight/pirouette(at referees’ discretion), a female player scored (with mixed teams).
- Duration: 1×10 or 2×10 mins. Depending on number of teams.
- Each team has to have 3 passes within the team before shooting towards goal.
- No permanent positions. Everybody can be goalkeeper. Keeper joins attacks.
- Outnumbering the defending team provides for more shots on goal.
- Street Handball is about FLOW; let the game “flow”, avoid interruptions (e.g. you may ignore a player touching the line of the goal area, 4 steps, etc.”
- Any balls/handballs/soft handballs/specific balls for Street Handball can be used.
- Fair Play Diploma/Trophy to the best player/team.
- Play handball and have fun (girls and boys) maybe with a DJ.
These rules are only rough guidelines; it is your call to decide how SH is played in your neighbourhood. Enjoy the team spirit.
Share your Street Handball Event/Tour/Challenge/Cup/Tournament/Championship with
Street Handball International, Denmark
We take outdoor handball seriously!
Watch the video click the play button above.
#streethbevent #streethandball #shrules #shfairplay #sh2goals #shvolunteer