Street Handball Rules
(Click the flag to see the rules in your language.)
(See the video click the play button.)
How to play Street Handball.
The game everybody can play (children/youth/seniors) and should play under fair-play rules.
- Play fair with no physical contact. (No tackles, only blocking shots, ball can only be grasped from opponent when it is “free” (in the air or on the ground)
- Max. 3 steps with the ball in hand./No dribbling.
- 3 players + 1 goalkeeper (e.g. 1vs1, 2vs2, etc. depending on size of playing field: Up to a maximum of 7vs7)
- Each judgement is made through dialogue between players (with or without a referee involved)
- Play towards 2 goals with a semi-circular or straight lines goal area of 4 or 6 meters in front of each goal (depending on players’ age (children or adults). Court size is up to you to decide (e.g. 10×15). It will depend on the street/market place/city square/ schoolyard/car park/closed street project or street pitch available or your outdoor/indoor handball court.
- Street Handball can be played everywhere.
- Scoring system (Or play without calculating; the point of the game is to have fun).1 point = standard goals.2 points = ball played around your back and between the legs, 6m penalty shot, scoreby goalkeeper, goal is scored with a spectacular action e.g. in-flight/pirouette(at referees’ discretion), a female player scored (with mixed teams).
- Duration: 1×10 or 2×10 mins. Depending on number of teams.
- Each team has to have 3 passes within the team before shooting towards goal.
- No permanent positions. Everybody can be goalkeeper. Keeper joins attacks.
- Outnumbering the defending team provides for more shots on goal.
- Street Handball is about FLOW; let the game “flow”, avoid interruptions (e.g. you may ignore a player touching the line of the goal area, 4 steps, etc.”
- Any balls/handballs/soft handballs/specific balls for Street Handball can be used.
- Fair Play Diploma/Trophy to the best player/team.
- Play handball and have fun (girls and boys) maybe with a DJ.
These rules are only rough guidelines; it is your call to decide how SH is played in your neighbourhood. Enjoy the team spirit.
(If someone can help to translate the rules into Arabic, or other languages there is missing, I will be pleased to hear from you.)
Share your Street Handball Event/Tour/Challenge/Cup/Tournament/Championship with
Street Handball International, Denmark
We take outdoor handball seriously!
Watch the video click the play button above.
#streethbevent #streethandball #shrules #shfairplay #sh2goals #shvolunteer